Applications for the 2017 HopFestFringe are now open! (Please scroll down for the application form.) We’re hoping for any/all of the following: new writing, musicals, stand-up, sketch comedy, cabaret, poetry, mentalism, and improvisation (not an exhaustive list, so if your particular thing isn’t on it, don’t let that put you off applying). However, we are not looking for musicians or singers – the Hop Festival itself is all about music (and beer), so we do everything but. We’ll be taking applications until all available slots are filled, but please bear in mind that the closer it is to HopFestFringe weekend (September 1st, 2nd & 3rd), the less time you’ll have to gather an audience.
To guarantee your show a spot in our printed programme (which will help with publicity and thus bums on seats), you must confirm your slot, pay your registration fee and submit your marketing details to us by August 1st.
UPDATE July 6, 2017: there are only a few show slots left:
13:30 Arden Theatre
12:00 Arden Theatre
12:00 Old Brewery Store
If you are a Faversham venue that would like to offer your space to the HopFestFringe, please let us know and then we can say “yes” to more shows. Drop us a line at email@example.com.
The HopFestFringe is not run for profit – we charge a registration fee to cover the costs of hiring the venue, front-of-house staff and publicity. The registration fee for each show is very reasonable (£30). Registration fees are payable upon confirmation of entry into the HopFestFringe programme.
Tickets to all shows are priced at £6. Shows can opt to use the PWYW model if they so wish. Box office takings will be split 80:20 in your favour.
Terms and Conditions
- HopFestFringe is open to shows of all genres (with the exception of music) of between 20 and 60 minutes duration.
- All shows submitted are subject to acceptance by the HopFestFringe Committee. As an open festival, shows will only be refused on ethical or moral grounds.
- If accepted into the Festival, all companies (a person or group of persons who have submitted a show) are obliged to pay a non-refundable entry fee of £30. This fee is forfeited in the event of the company withdrawing from the Festival of its own volition, or being disqualified for contravening the Festival rules.
- If you cancel your show and have already sold tickets online, you will be invoiced by HopFestFringe for any customer booking fees that are refunded.
- Once the programme is full, shows can be held on a reserve list and admitted in the event of withdrawals. Being on the reserve list does not guarantee performance in the Festival.
- The Company is responsible for any Royalties due on all material (including writing or music) that is not original.
- Each show will have a maximum of 15 minutes to set-up and 15 minutes to clear the stage. Minimal sets are thus an advantage.
- Each show will be permitted access to the venue prior to performance. This will be daytime and as with the performance slot allocation is non negotiable. It is unlikely that you will have time for a full dress/technical rehearsal.
- HopFestFringe will provide Festival Managers who are there to oversee the entire Festival, but not to stage manage individual shows.
- HopFestFringe will provide a Festival Technical Manager, who is there to guide your own technician on the use of the venue’s tech.
- General lighting states will be provided. This will be notified to the shows in advance.
- No costumes or props can be stored at the venue. Companies can drive to the stagedoor prior to their shows to drop proprs off, but any vehicles must then be parked in accordance with the local parking regulations. Props must be removed once you have cleared the stage. HopFestFringe cannot accept responsibility for any items of property brought onto or left at the premises.
- Rehearsal space is the responsibility of the company. HopFestFringe is not responsible for organising or booking rehearsal space.
- Tickets will be sold for all shows through the HopFestFringe TicketSource account and the HopFestFringe Box Office.
- Anyone deemed to be breaking any of HopFestFringe’s rules and regulations will be disqualified from the Festival and asked to leave the premises immediately.
- HopFestFringe takes no responsibility for any errors in the details submitted by companies for publication in the brochure. We do our best to proofread and double-check everything that is sent to us, but ultimately it is your responsibility to give us the correct information in the first instance.
- The HopFestFringe is not responsible for the quality of images submitted by participants and has the right to refuse an image that is of poor quality, not to the required specifications or deemed to be offensive. Failure to submit a quality image by the deadline will result a default image of a hop flower being used for listings and in the printed brochure.